Lindegaard still living United dream

Manchester United goalkeeper Anders Lindegaard insists he is pleased with his progress at the club despite the arrival of David de Gea in the summer.
Hernandez: I don't mind how I score
Lindegaard signed a three-and-a-half-year deal at Old Trafford last November after joining from Norwegian side Aalesund and has looked impressive in between the posts for United with limited appearances.
However, Sir Alex Ferguson's decision to sign the younger De Gea from Atletico Madrid in the summer showed that the club did not see Lindegaard as the long-term successor to the retired Edwin van der Sar.
Lindegaard, who is a lifelong United fan, admits he is still living the dream of playing for United and has nothing to feel negative about.
"First of all I have to say it's a great honour to play for Manchester United and I'm very proud to be part of this club," Lindegaard told ManUtd.com.
"If I look back to where I was one year ago I would have cut my right arm off to be in the position I'm in at the moment. I'm so pleased to be a part of this club and this team. I've always been a United fan so it's a dream come true and I enjoy every day I spend here.
"It's very difficult for a person to prepare to make a move like I did from Norway. It was such a big step to come from such a small team to such a high level here at Manchester United.
"I don't think you can prepare yourself for it. You just have to learn as you go along and go with the experience. The whole process has been fantastic."
Lindegaard added that he has been suitably impressed by the way United have treated him and this has helped him further his abilities on the pitch.
"United isn't just a big club, it's also a club that takes good care of you, especially when you first arrive," he said.
"There are people to help you in every way you could imagine. No matter what problem you may have there is someone to turn to and help you adapt to life here, not just on the pitch but off it as well.
"I must admit the first six months were very difficult. Nemanja [Vidic] and Patrice [Evra] said the same thing [when they joined] because it is hard in the beginning.
"Although the first few months were tough I look back on that time now and think it was a healthy period to go through as a human being.
"As a footballer I feel I've developed all parts of my game in the time I've been here. That's a very important step because if you don't develop all the parts of your game you won't develop at this level."
Lindegaard is in the frame for United's midweek game with Otelul Galati in the UEFA Champions League group stage.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Recent Post

Disclosure Policy

roadtoeuro.blogspot.com is a blog which provides various news about road to Euro Poland Ukraine 2012. The news, Photos, Articles and contents of this blog may subject to copyright.
All of news, Photos, Articles and contents in this blog coming from online portal and NOT owned by blog owner. This blog is made to ease Football lover to read and discuss about Euro Cup Poland Ukraine 2012.